"To inspire a passion for plants in high altitude communities through beautification, conservation, education, and research programs."
To be recognized as the foremost authority on high altitude plants in natural and cultivated landscapes in the Rocky Mountain region and similar environments.
Betty Ford Alpine Gardens will achieve these goals by:
- utilizing our unique geographic niche to curate, according to established collection standards, a vast and fully documented living collection of alpine, sub-alpine and mountain plants.
- being recognized as the best summer volunteer opportunity.
- creating and maintaining immaculate and beautiful gardens which creatively and dramatically impart a sense of our mountain environment.
- providing educational opportunities to garden visitors of all ages and abilities through clear and innovative interpretation.
- developing public outreach through important rare plant conservation programs in the community and imaginative horticultural therapy and children's programs in the gardens
- being considered as an organization whose value to the communtiy stimulates financial support.